November 19, 2023
1. In this week's passage, Paul gives 6 prohibitions that followers of Christ are to flee from: bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, slander, and malice. As uncomfortable as it may be, which of these were you personally convicted of as they were defined by Pastor Nate?
2. All of these prohibitions given by Paul create disunity among believers. Why is unity so crucial among followers of Christ?
3. Of all these prohibitions, the one we spent the most time on in the service was slander. This was defined as vilifying individuals that we have a problem with through lies or gossip. What is the antidote to slander?
4. Take a moment to silently confess your shortcomings in these prohibitions and ask forgiveness from the Lord.
5. In verse 32, Paul gives 3 encouragments on how the follower of Christ is to conduct themselves. The first he mentions is kindness. Are you known for your kindness to others? What about being tenderhearted?
6. Forgiving one another is by far the hardest of these to do. Bitterness is much easier. How does the forgiveness God has given us help us to forgive those who have wronged us?
7. Who do you need to forgive in your life?
8. Who do you need to ask forgiveness from?