MBC is on a mission superior to all other missions. To make known the Gospel so that those who don't know Christ would come to know Christ and that those who do know Christ would grow in the grace and knowledge of Christ for the glory of God.
This is our mission statement and we believe that this really sums up the mission of every gospel-centered church around the world throughout time. Because of the person and work of Jesus Christ, we want to bring Him glory!
Memorial Bible Church seeks to center everything we say and do around the truth of the gospel. So we meet together to pray confident in our sovereign God, sing songs that speak of God’s character, give faithfully to God’s work nearby and faraway, hear from God’s Word through Biblical teaching, respond to the truth of the Scriptures in obedience, care for one another believing that God has brought us together in His wisdom, and serving together desiring to see Jesus be honored in our valley and around the world.
By God's grace, He is bringing together committed believers for His glory at Memorial Bible Church. These believers come from all ages, backgrounds, occupations, and parts of the Yakima Valley. We thank God for what He has done, we are excited about what God is doing among us, and look forward to worshipping Him together. So please know that we would love for you to consider joining us on a Sunday morning at any of our services.
- We believe the Bible, consisting of 66 books, is the Word of God; that both the Old and New Testaments are verbally inspired by God, inerrant and infallible. We believe that this divine inspiration extends equally and fully to all parts of the writings as they appeared in the original manuscripts. We believe that the Bible is our supreme and final authority for what we are to believe and for the way we are to live.
Psalm 119; 1 Thessalonians 2:13; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20-21
- We believe there is one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect, and eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Genesis 1:1; Deuteronomy 6:4; John 1:1-3; 2 Samuel 22:31; Matthew 5:48; Psalm 90:2; Revelation 1:8; Matthew 28:19; John 14:26; Ephesians 4:4-6
- We believe in the Deity of Jesus Christ; in His virgin birth; in His substitutionary atonement; in His physical resurrection; in His bodily ascension into Heaven; in His presence now at the right hand of God as our mediator, high priest, and advocate.
John 1:1-5; John 14; John 10:30-33; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:27; Romans 5:8; 2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 John 2:1-2; Mark 8:31, Mark 9:31 Mark 10:34; 1 Corinthians 15:20-22; Luke 24:50-51; Hebrews 4:14-16; Hebrews 7:26-27; Hebrews 8:1; Hebrews 9:15; 1 Timothy 2:5; Ephesians 1:20
- We believe that the Holy Spirit, the third person of the Trinity, convicts men of their need of Christ before they can be saved, and that He regenerates them, giving them eternal life. We believe that He permanently indwells every believer the moment he is saved sealing them unto the day of redemption; that He baptizes into the Body of Christ all who are saved; and that He fills believers who are yielded to Him. We believe that speaking in tongues was never the common nor necessary sign of the baptism or the filling of the Spirit.
John 3:5; John14:34-35; John 16:7-8; Acts 2:4-11; 1 Corinthians 2:10-14; 1 Corinthians 6:19-20; 1 Corinthians 12:13; 1 Corinthians 12:29-30; 1 Corinthians 14:26-28; Galatians 5:22; Ephesians 1:13-14; Ephesians 2:1-5; Ephesians 4:30; Ephesians 5:15-21; 1 Thessalonians 5:19
- We believe man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost and totally depraved; only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
Genesis 1:26-27; Genesis 9:6; 2 Chronicles 6:36; Luke 19:10; John 3:3-8; Romans 1:22-25; Romans 3:23; Ephesians 2:1-5; Colossians 2:13; 1 Peter 1:3
- We believe that salvation is by grace, through faith alone, utterly apart from any human merit or work. We believe that our salvation has been completely accomplished through Christ, who died in our place. We believe that all the redeemed, once saved, are kept by God’s power and thus are secure in Christ forever.
Romans 3:23-24; Ephesians 1:13-14; Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 2:11-14; 2 Corinthians 1:21-22; 1 Peter 1:3 -5; John 6:37
- We believe all believers in the Lord Jesus Christ should live for the glory of God, and should be obedient to His Word.
Deuteronomy 13:4; Jeremiah 13:15-16; Acts 5:27-29; 1 Corinthians 10:31; Colossians 3:23-24; 1 Peter 4:7-11; 1 John 5:2
- We believe in the personality and reality of Satan.
Matthew 4:1-11; 2 Corinthians 4:1-4; Ephesians 2:1-4; 1 Peter 5:8-9; Revelation 12:9; Revelation 20:1-3; Revelation 20:7-10
- We believe in the personal imminent coming of the Lord Jesus Christ for His own, the Church, and His subsequent return to earth in power and glory to set up His Messianic, Millennial Kingdom.
ohn 14:1-3; Acts 1:9-11; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Titus 2:11-14; Revelation 20:1-6
- We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men: the saved to eternal life, and the unsaved to judgment and everlasting punishment. We believe in the reality of Heaven and Hell.
Job 19:25-27; Daniel 12:2; Matthew 18:6-9; Matthew 25:31-46; John 5:28-29; John 6:38; Revelation 20:10; Revelation 20:14-15
- We believe that the true church is composed of all such persons, who, through saving faith in Jesus Christ, have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the Body of Christ, of which He is the Head. We believe that all true believers are to associate themselves with a local church, which is the people of God in a particular location, who meet together for instruction in Scripture, worship, fellowship and service.
Acts 2:42; 1 Corinthians 12:13; Ephesians 5:22-25; Colossians 1:17-18; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; Hebrews 10:24-25
- We believe that the Lord Jesus instituted the ordinances of water baptism and the Lord’s Supper, to be observed by all believers, and only believers, until His return. We believe in water baptism by immersion soon after accepting Christ as personal Savior. We believe this baptism is not for salvation, nor even for membership in the local church, but is an act of obedience to Christ and a testimony of faith in Christ. We believe the Lord’s Supper is a memorial service, setting forth in sacred and symbolic manner the death of the Lord Jesus Christ.
Matthew 3:16; Matthew 26:26-29; Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 2:41; Acts 8:35-37; Acts 16:25-34; 1 Corinthians 12:23-32
- We believe in the Great Commission – that it is our responsibility to do all we can to bring people in our geographic area and throughout the world, to faith in Jesus Christ, and growth in Him.
Matthew 28:1-20; 2 Corinthians 5:16-21; Philippians 1:19-26
- We believe, as disciples of Jesus Christ, that we are to love one another as Christ has loved us. We are to make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.
John 13:31-35; Ephesians 4:1-6; Philippians 2:1-11
Our values make us unique and drive our approach to ministry.
- Biblical teaching centered on the authority and sufficiency of God's Word. We proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the power of God for all who believe.
- Worshipping God through music to a multi-generational congregation, for the sole purpose of glorifying Him.
- Community where we grow deeper in our relationships with one another, mature spiritually, and experience loving fellowship, accountability, and belonging.
- Developing our spiritual gifts by using our talents and experiences to serve in the church and the community.
- Life-long transformation of Christ-followers through personal discipleship and small group relationships.
- Moving beyond the church building to achieve the Lord’s vision, through God’s grace and the Holy Spirit’s leading, of reaching people, their families, neighborhoods, workplaces, and world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- The Great Commission - that it is our responsibility to do all we can to bring people in our geographic area and throughout the world, to faith in Jesus Christ, and growth in Him.