April 25, 2021
1) In what ways were the Pharisees living corrupt lives contrary to the gospel, and how must we be distinct from them in order to be saved?
2) In what ways are the signs of Jonah, and of the queen of the south signs that’s Jesus is the messiah?
3) The Pharisees and Scribes desired to be given a sign from Jesus to prove that he is the Son of Man even though Jesus had already given many. Why do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God? How can you be sure without seeing the many signs in person?
4) Why can the people of Nineveh, who were evil, “rise up at the judgment with this generation and condemn it”?
5) In relation to verses 43-45, why is it so important that we not only live by morals and ethics, but live with Christ?
6) Verse 44 says “Then it says, ‘I will return to my house from which I came.’ And when it comes, it finds the house empty, swept, and put in order.” Laurie noted that this man belonged to the demon. The man only lived by ethics and morals and was without the Holy Spirit. How do you live? Do you live a life by morals and ethics or do you live with Christ by his Spirit?
7) If Jesus comes back today will you be like the people of Nineveh who repented and believed, or will you be judged like the Pharisees and Scribes? Have you been crucified with Christ? If not what changes do you need to make and ask for in your life? And if you have been crucified with him, how can we continue in our sanctification, and continue dying to ourselves and living through Christ who lives in me?