September 25, 2022
Matthew 28:1 – 15
- Why is it important that Mary Magdalene and the other Mary witnessed first-hand the crucifixion and burial of Christ?
- Why is the resurrection of Christ essential to the Christian faith? Share as many reasons as possible in support of this reality.
- Jesus several times (Matthew 16: 21; 17:22,23; 20:17-19) predicted His resurrection from the grave on the 3rd day and yet none of His disciples believed His words. Why do we doubt Jesus' words? Furthermore, what is one area of your life where you struggle to take Jesus at His Word?
- Mary Magdalene and the other Mary humbly and immediately obeyed the instructions that God gave them through His messenger, the angel. What is beautiful about obedience to God and His Word? What are the benefits of obeying God and His Word?
- When greeted by Christ Mary Magdalene and the other Mary humbly and immediately exalted Him.
- Why is Christ worthy of our worship?
- Why do we, at times, struggle to worship Christ individually and corporately?
- What are the blessings of worshipping Christ individually?
- What are the blessings of worshipping Christ corporately?
- Why is it significant that Jesus refers to the disciples as His brothers in verse 10?
- What are the parallels between the response of the religious leaders at Christ’s birth and Christ’s resurrection?
- What impact has the resurrection of Christ had in your life this month?