November 14, 2021
Pastor Laurie Stuck
1. If we are Christ-followers, "before we were born, we began our eternity." (Ps. 139:13, Eccles. 3:11). Furthermore, "Every single person has a divinely planted awareness that our souls will live on forever." "What is your eternal longing saying to you?" Considering the warning of James 4:14, did your week reflect a life of "living your best life now", spending heavenly capital on earthly things or would you say that you took the costly path of Christ this week?
2. Considering verses 11-12, what situations feel unfair in your life? Knowing Matthew 20:16, that there is no difference, all are treated the same in regards to eternal life, how does this truth help?
3. Have you ever "begrudged" the goodness another Christ follower received? Where are you harboring bitterness or resentment? (Matthew 20:13-15)
4. If you are a Christ follower, what good fruit did you bear for His glory this week? For what difficult situation would you like good fruit to be borne? How can your group pray for you? (James 2:17, Matthew 7:15)
5. Review Matthew 19:16, 21, 27 and 20:15. How does the truth of these verses, that Jesus determines the outcome of what belongs to Him, strike you? What does it mean that "no one receives more and no one receives less" as Pastor Laurie stated?
6. Who do you know that is waiting for their invitation to the kingdom of heaven? When will you extend the invitation?