May 14, 2023
- Define the key terms found in this sentence, “For by grace you have been saved through faith.”
- Recall the picture of salvation that was presented during the sermon. What are some variations of that picture of salvation that are held by believers and non-believers?
- Salvation is initiated by __________________________________ of God the Father, accomplished by the ____________________________________ of God the Son, and applied by the _________________________________________ of God the Spirit for the ______________ of the Triune God!
- What do you find helpful or confusing about the two statements (end of verse 8 and verse 9) Paul made to clarify the words, “For by grace you have been saved through faith?”
- According to verse 10, what are we (the saints) as a result of God’s gracious gift of salvation? 2 Cor. 5:16-18
- According to verse 10, how did we become new creations in Christ. According to verse 10, why are we new creations in Christ? Titus 2:11-14
- What are good works, according to the Scriptures?
- A good work according to Eph. 4:31 is removing bitterness from our lives! What is bitterness? What are the effects of bitterness? Why do we easily become embittered towards others? What is the antidote to bitterness?
- Is there anyone you are currently embittered towards that you need to forgive as God in Christ forgave you?
More in Community Group Questions
May 28, 2023May 28, 2023
May 21, 2023May 21, 2023
May 14, 2023May 14, 2023