January 2, 2022
Pastor Laurie Stuck
"We are here to set our mind's attention and our heart's affection on God and His glory."
1. Which area of your life would reflect more of God's wisdom, truth or holiness, if you set your mind's attention and heart's affection on God and His glory in that area?
2. Considering Matthew 2:18-22, why did Jesus curse the fig tree? And, why did the disciples marvel at this miracle?
3. How do we know we are praying in God's will? (1 John 5:14-15)
4. For what do you need to pray without ceasing, with persevering faith? Share how will you learn, grow in, and practice Matthew 2:22 this week.
5. Considering Matthew 2:12-17, why did God judge all three temples by destruction?
6. How would you describe your worship of Jesus Christ in everyday life? Could it in any way be described as cold or hypocritical or worthless?
7. "When the Word of God dominates our life, our worship is reflective of His character." Share with your group how you are using the MBC Bible Reading Plan and plan with your group to be accountable for Bible reading and study throughout the year. How does reading the Bible every day help you to grow in your contentment of God? Pray with your group for a growth in worship that reflects God in wisdom, truthfulness and holiness.